COVID-19: implications for our practice
During Alert Level 4, Oranga Tamariki alongside our partners will continue to provide essential services to keep tamariki safe and to support their whānau and those caring for them.
This guidance outlines how we have modified our usual approach to ensure that we are undertaking these services in a way that will help keep all New Zealanders safe.
Guidance may change in line with the ongoing national response to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
When we resume usual practice once all restrictions to prevent transmission of COVID-19 have been lifted may be different for tamariki depending on the community in which they live and their individual risk of exposure to COVID-19.
We should continue to consider how best to engage with tamariki and whānau Māori in the current environment.
Other information on Te Pae
Te Pae is our central point for information, including:
- Working in a pandemic environment — all kaimahi should read this
- Essential workers and childcare
- COVID-19 related leave
- Restricted site access during Alert Level 4
- Guidance for workplace infection control
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) health and safety guide
- Staying safe at work and working remotely
- Working from home — health and safety guide
- Working remotely: Technology use, information security, and information management and privacy guidelines
- COVID-19 screening form
Information for caregivers and partners
Resources from other organisations