What's Important To Us
Mokopuna who leave our care need our support to achieve the same positive outcomes as other young adults. When mokopuna of or over the age of 15 years leave care, we must have assisted them to acquire the knowledge, skills, resources and supports necessary to successfully manage the transition into adulthood. This means we:
- explore all avenues of support available to them and connect them to existing services before they leave care
- encourage and assist them to participate in planning
- give them reasonable opportunity to freely express their views and take those views into account
- provide a support person if they need help to express their views or be understood
- offer support and assistance to them after they leave care if they request it.