Legislative changes are in effect from 1 July 2019. We are introducing new ways of working with our tamariki, family/whānau and communities and new content is being added to the Practice Centre.

Page URL: https://practice.orangatamariki.govt.nz/previous-practice-centre/policy/caring-for-children-and-young-people/resources/applications-for-unsupported-child-benefit-and-child-support/
Printed: 23/01/2020
Printed pages may be out of date. Please check this information is current before using it in your practice.

Applications for the Unsupported Child's Benefit and Child Support

Updated: 10 November 2013

Raising children is expensive and financial stress can have a big impact on families. Financial support for those families/whānau caring for children and young people who are not in the custody of the chief executive is available through Work and Income or Inland Revenue.

Applying for the right financial support can be confusing for families/whānau and the support of the child or caregiver's social worker to help them through the process is often appreciated.