Listen to this policy:
Caregiver advertisingThis policy applies when we are advertising for caregivers.
Last updated: 14/03/2022
Advertisements are for general recruitment
Advertisements must not seek caregivers for specific tamariki.
Advertisements can be used to:
- attract people who may be interested in becoming a caregiver
- attract caregivers who are willing to provide a specific type of care, such as respite care or permanent care
- seek caregivers with skills or knowledge relevant to the local care population.
Where we can advertise
Advertisements can be placed online or in print media.
Advertisements must not be placed anywhere that:
- is inconsistent with the wellbeing and mana of tamariki
- promotes harmful behaviour
- is politically aligned.
This includes websites associated primarily with trading goods and services, such as Trade Me.
Approval of advertisements
Advertisements must be approved at the appropriate level:
- National advertising — General Manager Caregiver Recruitment and Support
- Regional advertising — Caregiver Recruitment and Support Manager
- Local (site) advertising — Caregiver Recruitment and Support Manager