What's in the application pack
Applicants are given an application pack at the end of the Ways to Care information session. They can fill in the forms while at the session or take them away to complete and give back to a site.
Application forms can be printed in colour at a site, or your site champion can order them through Bluestar.
The application pack must contain the:
- Application pack support cover letter (DOCX 98 KB)
- Application for assessment form (PDF 240 KB) — 1 per household
- Medical report for caregiving and adoption form (PDF 217 KB) — 1 per applicant
- Authorisation for use of information form (PDF 124 KB) — 1 per applicant and any additional forms for household members or regular visitors
- Police request and consent form, NZ police vet only — 1 per applicant and additional forms for each household member or regular visitor
- Police request and consent form, NZ police vet and Australia vet — if applicable.
You may also want to include the referee form:
The referee forms don't need to be included in the application pack, but you'll need to print or order these for the applicants' referees to complete.
Returning the application forms
When applicants return their completed application to Oranga Tamariki, the site contact will:
- enter the application details into the relevant CYRAS record
- contact the applicants to let them know their application has been received and will be processed immediately, and when the next Ways to Care preparation programme is.
We must have an applicant's checks and references before they can attend the Ways to Care preparation programme.
In rare situations they may be allowed to attend before their checks and references have been returned — ask your supervisor first. For example, this might happen to stop delays with the assessment process.