After the review
You'll need to keep a written record of the information you gathered and what you discussed with the caregiver during the review process.
Apply social work analysis to the information you have gathered, and make a recommendation about:
- the caregiver's approval status
- the needs of the caregiving family.
Put your review report in a casenote on the caregiver record on CYRAS.
Advising the caregiver of the review outcome
Whatever your recommendation is, it should not come as a surprise to the caregiver. After careful consideration and discussion with your supervisor, advise the caregiver of your recommendation.
- is entitled to a copy of the review
- should be advised in writing of the outcome of the review.
If needs are identified
If needs are identified:
- spend time with the caregiver working out a plan and timeframe to meet those needs
- be prepared to support them through the process
- you can consider recommending that the caregiver is put on hold until the needs are met or issues resolved.
If concerns are uncovered
If you uncover concerns that mean we need to conduct a child and family assessment or investigation, discuss the concerns with your supervisor and immediately advise the social workers for the tamariki placed in the home.