The scope of the Practice CentreThe Practice Centre is an online resource for Oranga Tamariki practitioners. When useful information is on another website, the Practice Centre links to it.
The Practice Centre
The Practice Centre is an online resource for Oranga Tamariki practitioners for must-dos, how-tos and guidance in their work with tamariki and their whānau or family.
The Practice Centre has:
- our practice standards and guidance, as well as the practice framework knowledge and evidence base
- our practice policies, which set out what we must do when we’re working with tamariki and their whānau or family
- guidance to help practitioners follow the policies.
Te Pae is the Oranga Tamariki intranet and is primarily a communications and engagement platform for staff.
It has general information and resources that everyone who works for Oranga Tamariki might need, such as:
- information about our vision, values and structure
- news and updates
- HR information such as payroll, Kōrero Mai and health and safety information.
The Practice Centre links to Te Pae when that information might help a practitioner when they're working with a tamaiti or whānau or family.
Oranga Tamariki external website
The external website for Oranga Tamariki is a resource for the public. We link to the external website if that information might also be useful to practitioners.
The external website is where we:
- explain what Oranga Tamariki does and how people can contact us
- share stories, research and statistics
- publish Official Information Act responses and corporate documents such as the Annual Report.